centuriessewing: (Default)
[personal profile] centuriessewing

I forgot to post these, I’ve slowly been sewing away on petticoat bodies from caramel colored wool. Linen/cotton canvas interlining, linen/cotton lining. Sewn with the broken backstitch, running stitch and whip stitch in linen thread. The project has sat in the time out corner a few times.

First, when I trimmed the neckline corner down a tiny bit too far, I ended up darning it as a fix and reinforcing the area. Second I tried it on and it was too tight! Bah, I need to adjust my bodice block. Thankfully I had an extra large seam allowance in the back so I was able to let it out, but once I did that the back neckline started to have issues. After lots of basting, pressing, and re-basting I sewed up another 1/4 an inch and that seemed to fix it.

The lining is in, the armscyes bound, so it just needs eyelets and a tiny bit of clean up, oh and the petticoat. I have 5 yards of red wool (lucky e-bay find) which should be enough for a new kirtle *and* the petticoat if I am careful with my cutting.

 

petticoatbodiescut petticoatbodiceshoulderstrap petticoatbodiceshellside petticoatbodiceshell padstitchedinnerpb

Originally published at Centuries-Sewing. You can comment here or there.

Date: 2016-12-01 12:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] starlightmasque.livejournal.com
You always do such excellent work.

Profile

centuriessewing: (Default)
centuriessewing

December 2016

S M T W T F S
    123
456789 10
1112 1314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 21st, 2017 04:48 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios